Tuesday 13 November 2012

Tim Walker Exhibition at Somerset House

Like many other bloggers, this autumn I went to Somerset House for the Tim Walker exhibition.

I can't get enough of Walker's style, and I love looking at his pictures, and wishing I was that creative! For those of you that don't know him, he is a fashion photographer but with flair! He has shot the Mulberry advertisement campaign, which is just a snapshot of his style. 

However actually going to the exhibition was even more amazing than looking at the pictures on glossy magazines. The interior of the exhibition reflected his style, but also didn't take the focus away from the pictures themselves and the amazing props. (Sadly I couldn't take any pictures of them, but the swan head rowing boat was my favourite!) And there was also a really interesting film of some of the shoots he has done. 

After I had a wonder around I walked to Covent Garden before catching the train home (mainly because I was craving one of the cupcakes from the cute cupcake shop, and also because  I can easily navigate my way home from there, but get a bit lost from anywhere else!) 

The exhibition is on until January so I recommend trying to go and see it, and it's free, so there's no excuse! I'm all ready planning my next trip to London, and this time it will be part of my "Getting Christmassy" plan, so watch this space for all things festive. 
                                                                                                                                  Outfit:
                                                                                                                                  Coat- Paris
                                                                                                                                  Jumper- Vintage
                                                                                                                                  Shoes- Odeon
                                                                                                                                  Skirt- H&M
                                                                                                                                  Satchel- Rowallan


No comments:

Post a Comment