Monday 4 March 2013

"Now the pale morning sings of forgotten things"








Last week I took a trip to East London for an interview for uni. My interview wasn't until the afternoon so I spent the morning milling around the Spittlefields area. I probably should have gone with minimal cash and without my card  because I may have accidentally bought a few things, but I'm convincing myself that it's okay, as I've worked quite a bit recently.

As well as the popcorn lip scrub from Lush (It's so addictive!) and a simple skirt from Urban Outfitters I also went into a shop called Bolongaro Trevor. They have six stores across the country and you can find where abouts they are here.

Even before I entered the shop I thought that the aesthetes reminded me of All Saints. Once inside, I fell in love with all of the clothes and started chatting to a really lovely shop assistant. I then discovered that my initial thoughts weren't too far off, as the founders and designers of Bolongaro Trevor originally founded All Saints, but sold it off ten or so years ago, and so their joint adventure began.

It wasn't just the dark and quirky clothes that i fell in love with, but also the interiors of the shop, and I couldn't resist taking a few pictures. The shop can be found not too far from the market its self, so if you are in the area, I would definitely recommend a visit. Once I had purchased my items, they were carefully wrapped up in tissue paper and put in a really cute tote bag with the shops logo on. Also their business cards are printed onto mini place mats, which gives you 10% off your next purchase.

After shopping there was still some time before my interview, so I went to the Bishopsgate Kitchen. This is also just outside of the market (near Starbucks). It has a really rustic feel to it which was added to by the red and white checkered cotton napkins, and the presentation of the food (a mini wooden board for meats and a cute brown-paper-lined mini tin for chips will always be a winner with me). The staff here are also really lovely and I honestly couldn't recommend this enough. Whether it be for coffee and juice's or lobster basque, this restaurant is definitely worth a visit.

I also took a few street-style snaps, but I will save them for a separate post once I've got a few more to share with you.

Below are a few pictures I took of the inside of Bolongaro Trevor.




 




 Love Maddie x

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! That looks amazing! The clothes you picked up are beauts - love the shirt.

    Heidi x

    www.hemlinesandholdups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete